Mission & Vision
The mission and vision of our new Specialty & Custom Chemicals America event is to create a forum that NARROWS THE FOCUS and RENEWS THE VALUE for chemical industry participants.
1. FOCUS on Specialty, Custom, Fine & Industrial Chemical Markets
Specialty & Custom Chemicals America will focus on the chemical products and technologies that have applications across a diverse range of specialty chemical end-uses including:
2. FOCUS on Suppliers with a North American Base
The overall trend of U.S. chemical manufacturing shifting overseas is well documented. Recently though, amid quality and logistics concerns, the chemical industry is seeing a growing number of projects return to domestic suppliers. This “reshoring” trend is further strengthened by the advance of new applications that involve the higher-technology and higher-value end of the chemical market, the majority of which have always been supported by domestic suppliers.
The mission of both Chemicals America events is to showcase the distinctive value of the American chemical industry and ultimately help support this favorable domestic manufacturing shift. Our program will welcome global participants, while exclusively featuring exhibitors that offer significant manufacturing, service, or sales operations based within North America.
3. RENEW the Value Proposition for Attending Trade Shows
The Chemicals America events are aiming to “change the game” of how industry trade shows help connect suppliers and customers, by delivering a higher-quality business networking opportunity at a significantly lower cost – two goals that have often become trade-offs, not complements, at other events and conferences:
- For suppliers to the specialty, custom, fine and industrial chemical markets: our informal company showcase presentation and tabletop exhibit format offers a focused and efficient way to promote each company’s distinctive capabilities, technologies, and core value, as compared to the more costly “big convention” format.
- For attendees (to include purchasing, sourcing, R&D, engineering, and process management personnel): Specialty & Custom Chemicals America will be a valuable research and networking forum that enables participants to remain current with the latest chemical manufacturing trends and the associated process technologies, equipment, and supply chain services that apply directly to their businesses.
- The choice to hold our inaugural Specialty & Custom Chemicals America event in Fort Worth, Texas flows out of our event’s value proposition. Fort Worth is a very accessible destination for the chemical industry:
- Within driving distance for many chemical industry companies based in the greater Houston area, Central and North Texas, Oklahoma, and Northwest Louisiana.
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) airport offers daily flights to over 200 non-stop U.S. and international cities.
- Dallas Love Field (DAL) adds a second airport option and is Southwest Airlines’ headquarters, offering an additional 60+ daily non-stop destinations, and more discounted airfares.
- Recently named the best downtown in the nation, Fort Worth’s city center buzzes day and night with people, energy and opportunity. It’s one of the cleanest, safest and most walkable urban areas you’ll find anywhere – with eight primary entertainment districts, each offering distinct dining, shopping, entertainment and cultural amenities.
4. RENEW Fundamental Business Values:
Known as the City of Cowboys and Culture, Fort Worth has a distinctive "Old Western Heritage" feel, with its daily cattle drives and year-round rodeo. These deep roots of American western history make the city an appropriate setting for our event to reflect and help advance the “back to basics” business values that underlie the success of many companies:
- Freedom of Enterprise – to pursue opportunities, exchange information, and share ideas
- Innovation – the entrepreneurial spirit that looks for better ways to do things
- Building Personal Relationships – both outside and, often more importantly, within our own companies
In our culture of advanced media technology and electronic communications, the vision for our Chemicals America events is rooted in the belief that these core values are still best cultivated in a traditional, face-to-face setting – where one handshake can have a greater impact than all the websites, e-mails, and video conferences put together.
With these basic principles underlying our mission, the vision is that this show will help companies promote the chemical technologies, innovations, and process solutions that have made, and continue to make, America-based businesses competitive and profitable in an ever-changing global chemical marketplace.